Delta Sigma Phi is looking for an Associate Director of Harm Reduction & Compliance at its Headquarters in Indianapolis. See the description below for details and application instructions.
Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity Headquarters
2960 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Winter 2018/Spring 2019
$38,000 – $42,000 yearly
Delta Sigma Phi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or national origin.
The Associate Director will be an externally facing position that also supports the administration of the national Fraternity’s risk management initiatives. This staff member will assist with the implementation of the Fraternity’s harm reduction education platform, and develop member and volunteer centered resources aimed and creating a safe environment centered on the organization’s values. The Associate Director will report to the Director of Responsibility & Accountability. The position will work closely with undergraduate and alumni members, volunteers, host institution partners, insurance carriers, and Fraternity Headquarters staff to achieve organizational policy compliance and provide constituent support.
- Coordinate and assess data, and provide feedback on the Fraternity’s harm reduction and responsibility initiatives to chapters and volunteers (including but not limited to the Fraternity’s Alcohol-Free Housing process, Greek Life Edu, and Responsibility & Accountability forms)
- Oversee and drive the execution of chapter sanction metrics, providing real-time feedback to stakeholders.
- In coordination with Headquarters staff, develop chapter and volunteer educational resources and workshops (including preventative risk management training for new chapters prior to the end of their first term of operation).
- Collaborate with Membership Services to track risk management fees and dues
- Assist the Membership Services Coordinator in the review and processing of expulsions
- Assist in the investigation of and response to member- and chapter-related risk management incidents
- Other duties as assigned
A bachelor’s degree with one to three years of professional or similar experience is required, as well as excellent written and verbal communications and organization skills. Experience with general liability insurance, student conduct administration, prevention education, risk management and/or housing in a higher education setting is preferred. Membership within Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity is strongly preferred.
In addition, the successful candidate will be one who is self-managing and able to adapt to new situations and environments quickly. Critical thinking, reasoning, facilitation, program management and analytical skills are necessary to execute the position well. Attendance at evening and weekend events, as well as some travel, is required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and rapid adaptability to unfamiliar software is required.
Applications & Inquiries:
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and résumé to:
Director of Responsibility & Accountability
Résumés will be accepted until the position is filled; priority review will be granted to those applications received by January 15, 2019.