Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity seeks an outcomes-driven professional to serve as its Assistant Director of Volunteer Engagement.
Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity Headquarters
2960 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Delta Sigma Phi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or national origin.
Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity seeks an outcomes-driven professional to serve as its Assistant Director of Volunteer Engagement. This position will recruit and train chapter advisors, lead the development of volunteer training & onboarding, and the advisor’s role in supporting undergraduate chapters. The assistant director has a critical role in the forward progress of Delta Sigma Phi.
The Assistant Director of Volunteer Engagement will be responsible for providing oversight and management of Delta Sigma Phi’s advisory initiatives. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create a holistic program for volunteer engagement including recruitment, placement, onboarding, recognition, evaluation, and continual training of Collegiate Chapter Advisory Board and Alumni Corporation Board members.
- Implement strategies to increase the number of engaged advisors.
- Develop and manage volunteer retention best practices.
- Foster positive working relationships with volunteers, chapters, and all other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with headquarters staff and volunteers, to deliver a meaningful fraternity experience to undergraduate members through the engagement of local advisors.
- Work alongside staff and volunteers to implement harm reduction strategies and educational programming.
- Represent Delta Sigma Phi at local, regional or national events.
A bachelor’s degree with two or more years of professional or similar experience is required. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to manage both projects and people. Attendance at evening and weekend events as well as travel with a valid driver’s license is required. Membership in Delta Sigma Phi is not required. Delta Sigma Phi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual identity, or national origin.
Applications & Inquiries:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Fraternity Services
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority review given to applications received by May 27, 2019. Upon submission, please incorporate the position title into the email subject line.