Delta Sigma Phi is looking for a Controller at its Headquarters in Indianapolis. See the description below for details, and send your application and/or questions to Patrick Jessee at email@example.com.
Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity Headquarters
2960 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Delta Sigma Phi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or national origin.
The focus of this job requires significant attention to both detailed accounting functions, as well as strategic level support and planning. The role supports two non-profit entities, the general Fraternity (with a $5 million budget) and the Foundation (with a $10 million endowment and robust system of restricted funds), and supervise a team of 1-2 individuals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in managing non-profit accounting systems (preferably with restricted funds), and will have an ability to and interest in providing strategic financial advice to the CEO in a growing organization. The position requires strong initiative and self-direction.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with
appropriate GAAP standards
- Manage payroll and employee benefits
- Overseeing responsibilities handled by a position reporting to the Controller (including billing, receivables, payables, and certain spreadsheet / clerical work)
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Coordinate all audit activity
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of financial status
- Develop annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate
- Ensure grant and fundraising processes align with regulations
- Oversee, provide leadership & training to, and leverage strengths of finance team
- Maintain and ensure financial compliance with all organization’s contracts
- Serve on the leadership team, and assists in organization’s strategy for new initiatives, programs and services provided to undergraduate members, partnerships with institutions & vendors
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Supporting the CEO on presentations to the board and audit committee
- Ensure processes and systems are in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits
- Work closely with program leaders to educate them regarding procedures and budgets, and to explore how the finance function can support program operations
Experience in accounting and finance oversight with non-profit accounting systems, and demonstrated capacity for and interest in being a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker; association or non-profit background preferred; bachelor’s degree required, CPA or CMA preferred; 3-5 years’ experience minimum; personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and confidentiality; technological savvy; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills allowing for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting; ability to manage a variety of projects with varying deadlines; work in a supportive and results-oriented environment; ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
Please submit resume, salary requirements, references, and cover letter to:
Patrick Jessee, CEO