Joining Delta Sigma Phi is an exciting time in your son’s life. But as parents, we understand that you probably have questions about your son’s membership, so we want you to know a little bit about our Fraternity.
First, fraternity membership is meant to complement, not detract from academic performance. For more than a decade, we have been fulfilling our mission of Building Better Men. We aim to develop men who lead with Courage, Act with passion and commit to Excellence.
In Delta Sig, your son will have the opportunity to:
- Better his community and build lasting experiences through his chapter’s philanthropic projects with the American Red Cross.
- Develop leadership and professionals skills that can be used throughout his life by taking on leadership roles within the chapter.
- Learn from the best and brightest speakers by attending national Fraternity programs that focus on leadership development, values reflection and professional development.
- Establish mentoring relationships with Delta Sigma Phi alumni who will offer guidance and support through our Mentoring Program.
- Learn how to create a safe environment himself and others, standing up to the pressures facing college students. Given to all new members, GreekLifeEdu addresses alcohol use, hazing prevention and sexual assault prevention in ways that empowers positive behavior and bystander intervention.
- Create a network of friends and brothers who can support him for a lifetime.
Delta Sigma Phi was founded on the basis of inclusion. In 1899, at a time when religious segregation was common, Delta Sigma Phi was created to open fraternity membership to both Christian and Jewish faiths. This same spirit of openness exists today. Delta Sigma Phi does not discriminate based on age, religion, sexual orientation, sexual identity or national origin.
We want you to know that Delta Sigma Phi is committed to providing a safe, nurturing environment for all members and guests. If your son expresses hazing or other concerns to you, please let us know. You can contact our Headquarters staff or call 1-888-NOT-HAZE. For more information, see our Expectations of Membership page.
We are excited your son has made the decision to join our Fraternity. His membership experience will have a profound impact on his life—as an undergraduate and beyond.